Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The way it should be.

Transworld mx has been posting a youtube video of the day to start off the new year. First, brilliant idea, however I do think they will run out fairly quick of pure moto if they do it every day all year!

But watching the last video posted, I realized just what our sport needs today. Watch even just a minute, and you will realize how awesome on the floor camera angles truly are. Back then, the jumps weren't quite as big as they are now (though still huge) and even so they look difficult, big, and dangerous when viewing from the ground!

http://motocross.transworld.net/2009/01/14/youtube-video-of-the-day-4/


Why don't we have camera angles like this anymore? I loved the on ground stationary camera after the tripple for the first lap or two, showcasing the speed, the height, and just how precise each rider is landing within a foot or two each lap!

Nascar has those camera's on the wall that let you see all the cars wiz by at 200. Why dont we have that, one with looking at the bikes as the come to the tripple, the other as they land, and maybe have neat split screen as the leave one and enter the other?

Simple things such as that will bring back some on tv excitement that we lack.

I figured I would just drop some thoughts with no real editing or think time, but really pay attention next sx race as to what things can be done to improve the TV coverage, then shoot me some emails and I will compile and forward the thoughts to DC and anyone at Transworld who will listen.

eternaltwostroke@gmail.com

Best suggestion will get their email posted on this site, and maybe a free hat or shirt....I'll see what I can do.

No comments: